Organizational set-up of LAMPS may be described in 3 stages as follows:-
The General Body consists of persons, each of whom, joining in an application for registration of a LAMPS or a person admitted to the membership of a LAMPS after registration in accordance with the provisions of the W.B.C.S. Act, the WBCS Rules and the Bye-laws of the LAMPS made thereunder. In addition, any one of two persons admitted jointly to the membership of a LAMPS under sub-section (4) of section – 69 shall also form a part of the General Body.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
The Board of the LAMPS is constituted by :
- Election from amongst members at annual general meeting; under sub section (1) of section 27 of WBCS Act, 1983.
Provided that the number of Directors to be elected shall not be less than six or more than fifteen as may be specified in the bye-laws thereof and the election is held at an Annual General Meeting under rule 31/ rule 36 of the WBCS Rules, 1987.
- Nomination by the State Govt. when it decides to make such nomination under section 33 of the WBCS Act, 1983;
The State Govt. or any authority specified by the State Govt. in this behalf shall the right to nominate on the Board of LAMPS not more than three members of the Board or one-third of the total number of elected members of the Board, whichever is less.
- Nomination by Panchayet Body under subsection (5) of section 27. (Panchayet Body may nominate one of its members on the Board of LAMPS).
- The employees of a LAMPS having not less than 5 employees may elect from amongst themselves one person on the Board under sub- section (3)of section 27 of WBCS Act, 1983 where a LAMPS have a Chief Executive paid out of fund of the LAMPS, such Chief Executive shall be a Director on the Board under sub-section(4) of section 27 of WBCS Act, 1983.
- Any financial institution which finance a LAMPS may nominate one person on the Board of such LAMPS under subsection (5A) of section 27 of the WBCS Act, 1983.
Provided a Director elected under sub-section 1 or sub-section (3) or nominated under sub-section (5) or sub-section (5A) shall hold officer for a period of 3 years from the date of his election or nomination, as the case may be.
Provided further that a Director elected under sub-section(3) or nominated under sub-section (5) shall not be eligible for re-election or re-nomination as the case may be, within a period of 3 years from the date of expiry of his term of office.
The Directors referred to in sub-section (3),sub-section (4) and sub-section (5) shall not hold any office in the Board.
Provided that the Directors referred to in sub-section(3), sub-section (4) and sub-section (5) shall have no right to vote in any meeting of the Board held for the purpose of election of office bearers of the Board, nor they hold any office in the Board.
Provided further that the Directors referred to in sub-section (3) shall have no right to vote in any meeting of the Board.